WORLD FACTBOOK OF FOOD WEBSITE
TERMS OF SERVICE
APRIL 1, 2017
The World Factbook of Food (the "Site") was developed and is maintained by the Food Protection and Defense Institute ("FPDI") at the University of Minnesota – Twin Cities campus. FPDI is a Department of Homeland Security S&T Center of Excellence.
The World Factbook of Food serves as a reference repository of data related to food. Data displayed on the Site has been collected from multiple sources. It includes data on production, trade, common food and non-food uses, seasonality, processing steps and supply chain structure, food safety concerns, and past intentional adulteration events. The Site does not contain data on every reported adulteration event in the world.
The World Factbook of Food and the content of the Site do not represent the opinions of the U. S. federal government, including the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, or of Regents of the University of Minnesota and their respective faculty, employees, agents and contractors.
- By accessing the Site, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service. Regents of the University of Minnesota (the "University," "we" or "us") may, at any time, without notifying you, change the provisions of these Terms of Service, which may become effective immediately. By accessing the Site after any such change, you are agreeing to be bound by these Terms of Service, as changed.
- We may change the content or any other aspect of the services provided on the Site, at any time, without notifying you in advance.
- We have not reviewed the content displayed on the Site. We are not responsible for the accuracy, completeness or reliability of the content. We do not endorse or criticize the scientific or clinical merit of content displayed on the Site. We do not endorse or insure the accuracy of any products, processes, or services cited in the World Factbook of Food.
Your Use of the Site
- Only an authorized user is permitted access to the Site. Each time you access the Site you will be prompted to provide your username and password. Your sharing your password with anyone is prohibited.
- We charge a fee to access the Site. The fee is non-refundable. We may change the amount of the fee at any time. We may cancel your account and block your access to the Site if you do not pay the fee when due.
- You shall not distribute or post on a website content downloaded from the Site.
- You do not have any right, title, interest or license in the Site, the content stored or displayed on to the Site or the software and related documentation for the Site.
- You shall not use and you shall not have any right or license, express or implied, to reproduce, distribute, make derivative works based upon, post on a website, share or disseminate, in any manner, content as displayed on the Site.
- You shall not use and you shall not have any right or license, express or implied, to use the University’s name or logos or any mark associated with the University, or to use any University employee’s name, title or likeness in any publicity, advertising, or news release. Any such use is strictly prohibited.
- You shall not use and you shall not have any right or license, express or implied, to use content on the Site to promote or advertise a product or service. You shall not state or imply that the University or any of its faculty, employees, students, agents or contractors has endorsed any product or service.
Representations and Warranties
- We make no representations or warranties about the Site or the content or services offered on it. We do not promise that the Site will be accessible at any particular time. During planned maintenance, You may not be able to access the Site. We may notify you in advance of planned maintenance of the Site but we may restrict your access to the Site without prior notice to maintain or otherwise service the Site. You access the Site and use the services offered here at your sole risk.
- You agree that we are not responsible for any errors, omissions, or deficiencies regarding the content on the Site.
WE OFFER AND YOU ACCEPT THE CONTENT AND SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE "AS IS", "WHEN AVAILABLE", AND "WITHOUT WARRANTY".
NO REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY HAS BEEN MADE TO YOU THAT YOUR USE OF CONTENT FROM THE SITE WILL NOT VIOLATE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, PRIVACY OR OTHER RIGHTS, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE, OF ANY PERSON.
ALL EXPRESS AND IMPLIED WARRANTIES RELATED TO THE SITE AND THE CONTENT AND SERVICES OFFERED ON IT ARE DISCLAIMED. WE SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIM THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, AND QUIET ENJOYMENT.
IN ANY ACTION OR SUIT ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESSING THE SITE AND USING THE CONTENT OR SERVICES OFFERED ON THE SITE, YOU ARE PROHIBITED FROM RECOVERING FROM US OR OUR FACULTY, EMPLOYEES, STUDENTS, AGENTS OR CONTRACTORS ANY LOST PROFITS, LOST BUSINESS OR RESEARCH OPPORTUNITY, WORK STOPPAGE, LOST DATA OR ANY OTHER RELIANCE OR EXPECTANCY, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, OF ANY KIND.
- The laws of the state of Minnesota shall govern the interpretation and enforcement of these Terms of Service. All causes of action arising out of these Terms of Service shall be brought and maintained in the courts of the state of Minnesota.
- These Terms of Service are intended as the final and binding expression of our contract and agreement with you and as the complete and exclusive statement of the terms thereof. These Terms of Service cancel, supersede and revoke all prior negotiations, representations and agreements among the parties, whether oral or written, relating to the subject matter of these Terms of Service.
- You may not assign any of your rights under these Terms of Service, including the limited right to access the Site.
- We may suspend or terminate your account and access to all or any part of the Site at any time if you violate these Terms of Service or any other agreement between us and you.